Herbed Goat-Cheese Dip
I just harvested some peas, apple mint and some Thai basil from my backyard. The peas are so sweet, crunchy and fresh that I didn’t have a heart to cook them. It would have been a waste to cook them and lose some of the crunch in the process. So I decided to make a creamy goat-cheese dip to go with the peas. I used the fresh apple-mint and Thai basil leaves in the dip. This way I made the best use of what I had at hand and maximized on the freshness of herbs and the peas. I served the dip with the whole peas, red cherry tomatoes and some baby heirloom tomatoes. As you can see in the pictures, the colors were just beautiful and made everything look as appetizing as it tasted. You can serve this dip with any fresh vegetables – cucumbers, radishes, bell peppers, green beans etc… this would make an excellent appetizer for a dinner party, especially in the summer.
1. Two cloves of garlic
2. 2-3 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt (I used 2% Fage)
3. 2-3 tablespoons of goat cheese
4. ½ teaspoon of salt
5. 1/2 tablespoon of honey
6. A handful of apple-mint or any kind of fresh mint
7. 10-12 basil leaves (I used a combination of Thai Basil and regular basil)
8. Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon (more if needed).
9. ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
1. Wash the mint and basil leaves thoroughly under a stream of cold water.
2. Peel and coarsely chop the garlic cloves.
3. In a small food processor add the following ingredients: garlic, mint leaves, basil leaves, lemon juice.
4. Add honey to the processor. Grind everything together – you may need to pulse the food processor a little bit and scrape the sides of the processor to make sure that everything gets evenly minced.
5. Grind everything together – you may need to pulse the food processor a little bit and scrape the sides of the processor to make sure that everything gets evenly minced.
6. Add the Greek yogurt and goat cheese and mince everything together to get a thick paste-like consistency.
7. Pour the dip in the serving dish and drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on top and serve with fresh crunchy vegetables on the side.
Hubby and I love new dip recipes, and this is one we need to definitely make! Love the feeling of Summer with this recipe! Gorgeous, Hugs, Terra
Thanks Terra 🙂 If you like dips, you’ll love this one – its easy to make and full of flavor and perfect for this hot summer weather. Let me know how it turns out when you make it! xoxoxo – Shabnam
I love goat cheese and so I know I would love this dip. It sounds so bright and flavorful will the fresh mint and basil!
Welcome to my website Lisa 😀 I hope you’ll try this dip (its so easy to make and yet so delicious) and if you do, please let me know if you liked it! Thanks for dropping by – xoxo – shabnam
You know I love everthing herbed and what a beautiful shot. <3 Misbah
Welcome to my blog Misbah!!!! I have always love your pictures and so a compliment from you means a ton to me – xoxox