It is a beautiful spring day in Washington DC and its put me in a good mood. I don’t like winters and sort of hibernate for months but when spring comes around, I start to get in a good mood, I work-out more, I get my garden going and I get out to see friends more regularly. This year spring in DC has been a little colder than usual but that also means that we are able to stay outdoors and enjoy the sun without being bothered by the ubiquitous mosquitoes and the high humidity that plagues the mid-Atlantic region. The temps lately have been perfect – it’s sunny and close to 70F. The cloudless blue sky, the warm weather, colorful flowering azaleas and chirping birds in my backyard put me a great mood. The kind of mood that makes me want to have a party. Well, it is Cinco de Mayo, so I guess that should give me an excuse to make some Margaritas and have them with some chips and salsa!
1. ¼ of a fresh pineapple (I bought the pre-cut pineapple packet from Trader Joe’s)
2. One seedless orange (I used a Cara Cara orange)
3. 1 lemon
4. One avocado (preferable should be ripe but not too soft)
5. One Jalapeno pepper
6. 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro leaves
7. One small Persian cucumber
8. 1 teaspoon of honey
9. 2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
10. One small shallot
6. Juice the lemon over the mixing bowl. Make sure to juice the lemon immediately after you cut the avocado so that the avocado doesn’t start to get darkened (the acid in the lemon stops the oxidization process on the surface of the avocado).