Even though it is the peak of winter where I live, the supermarkets here are flooded with all kinds of berries these days. I suppose the berry season in California and Florida is having a great year which is great for me because I love every kind of berry. I usually wash a whole box of berries and keep it on my kitchen counter and every person who walks by sticks his or her hand into the bowl and within a few hours the fruit disappears! This is a great way to make sure that everyone in the family gets their required amount of daily vitamins and antioxidants but to switch things a little bit, I baked Blueberries into this delicious teacake. It turned out to be great with a cup of tea in the evening or for morning breakfast with a cup of coffee.
1. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1 teaspoon salt
3. 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
4. one cup of blackberries and ½ cup of dried cranberries
5. 1 cup sugar
6. 1/2 cup water
7. 1 teaspoon of vanilla
8. 4 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
9. 1/3 cup butter, melted
10. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
11. 2 eggs
12. 2 teaspoons of confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pour the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt) into the stand mixer and stir everything together for a minute or so. Then take this mixed powder into a separate container and set it aside.
3. Break the eggs into bowl of the mixer.
10. Pour the batter into loaf pan and place the pan into the oven and let it bake for 35-40 minutes (check with a dry toothpick to test for done-ness). The baking time varies a little with every oven.
11. Take the loaf out of the oven and let it rest on a counter for 10-15 minutes before slicing the teacake.
12. Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on top of the cake and tens serve it with a hot cup of tea.158