A few weeks ago a friend of mine, very generously, gave me a bottle of home-made Lemoncello. This was a special gift and I didn’t want to drink the whole bottle without making something distinct out of it. I tried out a couple of combinations and ultimately have settled on this recipe for a Passion-Fruit Citrus Cocktail – a delicious cocktail that paired off real well with the grilled steak salad we had for dinner tonight. This turned out to be delightful summer evening with the temperature in the high 70s and low humidity – an absolute gem of a day in Washington DC, which usually is known for its unbearably humid and hot summers! So my husband and I took advantage of the great weather, scrumptious steak and a delicious cocktail. We sat out on our back deck and had one of the most relaxed evenings ever – I guess the cocktail had a lot to do with it!
1. Two tablespoons of chilled Lemoncello
2. 2 tablespoons of Grey Goose l’Orange Vodka
3. One fresh lemon
4. ½ cup of chilled lime flavored seltzer water
5. One cup of chilled Passion Fruit juice
6. 7-8 ice cubes
1. Combine the Lemoncello, Vodka and the cup of Passion fruit juice in a drink mixer.
2. To the mixer, also add the juice of ½ a lemon and keep the other half for garnishing the cocktail glasses.
3. Shake the mixer really well.
4. Cut out two thin slices of the lemon and stand them up against the side of each of the cocktail glasses.
5. Pour half the contents of the mixer in one glass and the other in the second glass.