If you love Chinese food and end up ordering take-out often, here is an easy recipe for a healthy Chinese stir fry that you can make at home in 15 minutes flat and it is sure to satisfy your cravings for spicy Chinese food. I make this when I want a tasty, healthy and quick meal. If you don’t like beef, you can always substitute the meat with chicken slices or shrimp. The bright colors of the vegetables and the thick sweet and sour sauce make this dish irresistible!
1. ½ lb of Beef flap steak sliced thin
2. ½ lb of snow peas
3. 3-4 slices of fresh pineapple slices
4. One red bell pepper
5. 4-5 spring onions
6. 3-4 cloves of garlic
7. 1 inch ginger root
8. 3-4 tablespoon of soy sauce
9. 2 teaspoons of corn starch
10. 2 tablespoon of honey
11. 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (less if you don’t like it too spicy)
12. 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
13. 2 teaspoons of hoisin sauce
14. One teaspoon of Chinese style chili oil
15. 2 tablespoons of cooking oil (corn or Mazola)
1. Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar, corn starch and peeled and sliced garlic cloves in a bowl and add the sliced beef steak to it and stir thoroughly. Set aside.
2. Peel the ginger root and cut it in thin slivers.
3. Cut the pineapple in bite sized pieces.
4. Wash the snow peas and dry them with a paper tower (remove any fiber on the side) and cut the spring onions in bite sized pieces.
5. Wash and cut the red bell pepper in slices.
6. Heat a saucepan on the stove-top and when the pan is very hot, add the cooking oil to it (make sure the pan is VERY hot).