This is the most colorful (and therefore appetizing) salad you can make! The orange color comes from the sweet potatoes; the three different colored bell peppers add red, green and yellow to the mix and tofu adds bright white and the red onion adds a burst of purple. In all the veggies give the salad a bright colors and the light dressing gives it a fresh taste. A bowlful of this salad makes a hearty refreshing,healthy and nutritionally balanced lunch.
1. In a medium sized pot boil 4-5 cups of water and boil the sweet potatoes till they are tender (usually takes 15-10 min)
2. Cool the sweet potatoes down to room temperature
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and dice them in small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Dice the three colored bell peppers into even sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
5. Chop the red onion and the spring onions into small pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
6. Dice the extra firm tofu into small squares and add to the mixing bowl.
7. Make the dressing by whisking extra virgin olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
8. Pour the dressing over the veggies in the mixing bowl and mix gently (so as to not break the tofu pieces) and so that the dressing is evenly mixed all over the salad.
9. Chill the salad in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes and then serve either as a side dish or by itself as a healthy wholesome lunch.