Spicy Baked Salmon
There are not too many fish lovers in my family. A possible reason could be that I haven’t as yet found a reliable and inexpensive fish vendor in the area. But the one fish-dish that everyone in the family can agree on is this baked salmon recipe and I am always happy to oblige since it is one of the quickest meals to put on the table. The whole thing takes less than 20 minutes and tastes good as well!
1. Boneless salmon steaks (as many serving as you need – usually 4-5oz per person)
2. McCormick Perfect Pinch Cajun spice mix
3. One whole fresh lemon
4. 1-2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sprinkle about a ¼ teaspoon of Cajun spice mix on each of the Salmon steaks.
3. Squeeze about ½ tablespoon of fresh lemon juice on each steak.
4. Pour about ½ tablespoon of olive oil on each steak and rub with your hands (or basting brush if you so prefer) to even out the oil, lemon juice and spice mix
5. Place all the steaks on a baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart and place in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
6. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and check for done-ness.
7. Squeeze a little bit more fresh lemon juice on the hot cooked salmon.
8. Serve with a side of vegetables or salad while the salmons is still hot.
Oooo Sounds good. My family loves Cajun spiced salmon. I usually buy a pre seasoned one from Sam’s club – blackened Salmon fillets and pan grill them. Awesome with a salad!
Thanks for the suggestion Surbhi! I’d like to try that – unfortunately I am not a member of Sam’s – maybe I can ask a friend who has membership to buy some for me!