I have no means to describe this salad but you MUST try it. It is a quick one-dish-vegetarian-well-balanced-healthy meal that is absolutely delicious! I can eat this every day of my life and be absolutely happy!
1. 8-10 oz of fresh green beans (preferably Haricots Verts)
2. 10-12 small red potatoes (white are okay as well)
3. 6-8 oz of Greek feta cheese
4. One tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar
5. Two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
6. One tablespoon of sugar
7. Two teaspoons of dry basil leaves or about 10-12 fresh basil leaves
8. One teaspoon of salt
9. ½ teaspoon of freshly grated black pepper
10. Two medium sized cloves of garlic
2. Cut the potatoes in halves and put them in the pot of hot water.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, cut the beans in 2-3 inches sections.
4. In a large mixing bowl, grate two cloves of garlic and cut the feta in cubes.
5. Also with a whisk, mix the sugar, salt, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil together to create an emulsion and pour over the feta and garlic mixture.
6. With a fork, check if the potatoes are close to being done. This usually takes 4-5 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes).
7. Add the green beans to the pot with potatoes and hot water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. When the potatoes are done and the beans are still crunchy drain out their water and while they are still hot, pout them over the feta cheese mixture.