This is standard fare in my household. I almost always have boneless chicken breasts at home and so am able to hustle this up at short notice when my teenaged son and his friends are hungry.
1. One large boneless chicken breast
2. 4-5 carrots
3. 4-5 celery stalks
4. ½ of a medium red onion
5. One cup of light jarred mayonnaise
6. 1/3 cup of chopped, fresh flat leafed parsley
7. One stalk of lemongrass (optional)
8. Two teaspoon of salt
9. ½ teaspoon of pepper
1. In a medium sized saucepan, heat up 2 cups of water.
2. Place the chicken breast, one teaspoon of salt, 2 celery stalks and all carrots in the saucepan and cook at low heat.
3. Try not to boil the water on high heat (that toughens up the chicken) but continue poaching the chicken on low heat.
4. While the chicken is boiling, cut the onion in very small cubes and also the remaining two celery stalks in small pieces.