These are some of my favorite food blogs and websites:
I also write for a social site for women of South Asian heritage and highly recommend it – www.talkingcranes.com
Favorite Restaurants in DC and its suburbs:
1. Raku – http://www.rakuasiandining.com/ – good pan-Asian (mainly Japanese) food.
2. Rasika – http://www.rasikarestaurant.com/ – best Indian food in town – most dishes are authentic and the rest are truly great fusion attempts.
3. Zaytinya – http://zaytinya.com/ – tapas style Turkish, Lebanese and Greek influenced dishes – I ABSOLUTELY love this place!
4. Malaysian Kopitiam – http://www.malaysiakopitiam.com/ -decent Malaysian food, I highly recommend the Ginger Chicken!
5. http://paccispizzeria.com/ – best Italian Pizza in the DC Metro (even though the owner is Greek!)
5. Tara Thai – http://www.tarathai.com/Bethesda/Bethesda.html
1. Le Pain Quotidien – http://www.lepainquotidien.us/ – Decent artisanal breads and the chocolate mousse is quite sinful!
2. Saint Michel Bakery – http://stores.smbakery.com/StoreFront.bok – run by an authentic french baker (accent, attitude and all!)
3. Red Velvet Cupcakery – http://redvelvetcupcakery.com/ – I am not a fan of Cupcakes but these are good indeed!