I love this spread over warm crunchy crostini made from fresh chewy bread for a light lunch or with water crackers as an appetizer at dinner parties. Like most people, I like artichokes but I don’t enjoy the cumbersome process of cutting and cooking fresh artichokes, so I use canned ones for this recipe – they work wonderfully well in this spread.
1. One can of artichoke hearts
2. Half cup of jarred mayonnaise
3. Half a cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
4. One whole egg
5. Two tablespoons of light whipping cream or milk.
6. Two medium cloves of garlic
7. Half teaspoon of fresh black pepper
8. Half teaspoon of dry oregano
9. One teaspoon of lemon juice.
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
3. Whisk the egg yolk and the egg white in a medium sized bowl and then mix the following ingredients: mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, oregano, pepper, cream and the leaves of the artichoke hearts.
4. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and then add the lemon juice.