This is an easy home-made steak that is as good as any pricey steak house.
1. 3 lbs of beef flap steak (quite reasonably priced at Costco)
2. 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. 1/4 cup of Balsamic vinegar
4. 4-5 garlic cloves
5. 2 Tablespoons of Sweet Mesquite Seasoning
1. Peel and slice the garlic cloves.
2. With a sharp small knife, make slits in the pieces of meat and stuff the sliced garlic into these slits.
3. Rub the Sweet Mesquite Seasoning all over the pieces of meat (try to make the seasoning as even as possible).
4. Mix the olive oil and Balsamic vinegar in a small dish and whisk lightly to make the marinade.
5. Pour the marinade over the meat pieces and coat all the surfaces of the meat with it.
6. Refrigerate the meat in a closed container in a refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
7. Grill the meat on a coal (preferred) or gas grill – this cut of meat is very soft and usually does not take much time to grill. It should take about 10-15 minutes. Grill evenly on each side.
8. Serve with a side of potatoes, bread, and veggies or salad.