Heavenly Banana Bread
This is a good way to utilize overripe bananas. It is a very easy fool-proof recipe. My kids love this banana bread for breakfast but I also serve it as dessert with vanilla ice-cream for fancy dinner parties.
- One and a half cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- One cup sugar
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Half cup melted Butter
- One teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Half cup French Vanilla yogurt
- Two overripe bananas
- Half cup chopped walnuts
- One tablespoon warm water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. With some melted butter grease the Bread Loaf pan (9×5 inches)
3. In a large mixing bowl thoroughly mash the bananas with a fork
4. Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and chopped walnuts)
5. Add eggs, butter, vanilla extract, vanilla yogurt and a tablespoon of warm water to the bowl with the mashed bananas and mix thoroughly.
6. To this wet mixture, add the dry ingredients slowly while constantly mixing it.
7. When the wet and dry ingredients are well incorporated, pour this batter into the loaf pan.
8. Bake for one hour or until the tooth pick comes out dry.
9. Serve warm (even better with vanilla ice-cream)
I just did one again!!! Yummy!!! Not 8-10 servings, just 2 big ones 🙂